February 08, 2013

Circles, Circles, Circles... My glue batik "Designer" Pillow

I thought I would share one last post for this week that didn't have to do with Valentine's. I'm trying to get a few little and big art projects (maybe house-related projects, backed up photo albums... you know) complete before I have our 4th baby in March. Yikes... 

This glue batik took me a lot longer than I had planned, but I now I have a "designer" pillow, right? Wa wa. 

(For tutorial, go to Simple Glue Batik on Canvas post). 





I think this pillow adds a nice flare to our "rather sad couch" (as my husband states too often)! The yellow pillow on the left was sewn from a Japanese kimono I knew I would never wear.




Letting the water soak out the washable glue... My 2 1/2 year-old daughter threw her rubber duck in for a bath. 



 

BEFORE washing the glue & AFTER washing the glue off.




Ahhh... A little color to my "sad" couch. 




3 comments:

  1. I ADORE this! May I ask if you used canvas or just cotton cloth for your pillow? I want to try this project with my own students but am worried the canvas would be too stiff for a throw pillow.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my comment and hopefully reply. I know you're busy!

    Warmly,
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marylea, sorry I haven't been keeping up on my blog for a while, but hopefully soon! I have only used a thicker canvas, but was hoping to use a slightly softer material for another project. Whenever I have an idea for an art or craft project I test a small area first. You could test it on a small piece of lighter canvas material before attempting the entire class. :)

      Delete
    2. Let me know how it turns out. I'd love to hear or see :)

      Delete