We did this kid art project in my son's 1st grade class last week! These 1st-graders did amazing on their pumpkins ripping, glueing, mixing paint with their fingers, cutting, and creating faces- all in a little over 1 hour!
This is the best art project to do with kids to help continue & develop multiple skills. See how easy it was to create really silly pumpkin faces.(I found this idea from pinterest and that artist woman.)
- various papers that can rip in strips (we used newspaper, wall paper, tissue paper & white paper)
- black, green, white & black paper
- red & yellow paint
- paper plates for mixing
- have the kids RIP their own various papers in strips, then vertically GLUE securely to white paper -strips can be right next to each other or have spacing
- give each their own plate of RED and YELLOW paint to mix with their fingers - Yes, I said finger mixing!
- with their fingers have them apply their orange paint to their entire paper
- let the paint DRY and then on the back of the painted paper have them draw a PUMPKIN shape and CUT it out
- pre-cut paper for the EYES, MOUTH, TEETH, PUPILS, NOSE, & STEM so they can design and cut out their faces quickly...
Ready to make a FACE!
- glue all the face parts on and glue the pumpkin to a black paper
These are hilarious & quirky! I laughed again when I saw them hanging up in the hallway together!
I love the different colors of oranges that the kids created all by themselves. The eyes and mouth add the finishing touch of goofiness!
Don't you love these?
HAPPY PUMPKIN DAY NEXT WEEK!