Another rock painting project!
Um... I told you I liked to paint rocks ... with kids! With my mom, when we were younger (much younger), we used to paint rocks with fingernail polish. My husband commented when he spotted the painted rocks, "So we don't have to dye eggs then?" We'll see...
For our little kid art class we brightly painted EASTER EGGS...ROCKS!
Some are small and some are huge.
I'm not a huge fan of "pastel" Easter.
(age 22 months old - 9 years old)
(3 years old) (6 years old)
(6 years old )
(22 months old ----->)
Super easy art project for toddlers to paint (in their highchair)!
(6 years old)
A few simple techniques we used:
- First paint a clean white "rock" canvas, let dry, and use your desired paint & design express the true paint color (*to eliminate the dark rock underneath).
- Make stripes or designs by using blue "painter's tape" (doesn't rip off the paint).
- Paint your desired stripe color. Take off tape after paint has dried.
- Use your finger tips dipped in paint to create polka dots!
- To protect and shine, paint exterior with Mod Podge (for indoor display) and a polycrylic (for exterior display-brush cleans easy with soap and water).
We are going to display them outside on our porch and around our house!
Create and Give...