Hanging mobiles are so cool... I want one in my room too...
The Simple Materials I Used:
- TULLE MATERIAL -- (any color/s you fancy!)
- WOODEN CIRCLE/embroidery hoop -- (or anything circular you can paint and hang)
- ACRYLIC PAINT -- (any color you fancy also!)
- HOT GLUE -- (to adhere the tulle to the hoop for hanging)
- sEa cReAtUrE drawings -- (I used clear adhesive sheets on both sides to protect artwork and make sturdy. Or instead of clear sheets, apply 3 coats of Modge Podge on both sides.)
- SMALL HOLE PUNCH -- (or large needle) In order to hole & string up and attach each drawing.
- THREAD/ string/clear fishing line
Quick steps below...
I always look at directions and visuals to recreate an object/recipe and then change it however I/we fancy, feel free to change it up for kids or yourself!
- We painted the wooden hoop a solid color and let it dry.
- Then painted black or white circles on the hoops.
- Next we cut the tulle into 4 strips (cut them the length of your "hang liking") and hot glued them (preferably middle of length) to the inside of the hoop and tied them in a knot to hang (look at the photos for reference -I'm all about visual instruction!)
- The tulle is really great for attaching thread (thread a needle to make it easy to get the string through the holes of the tulle) and space your string where ever you want to hang your drawings/objects.
- Punch your holes into drawings, string up, and tie. You're pretty much complete, just takes a while to get them all up!
...................... ...................... ..................... ......................
Click here to see the sEa cReAtUrE drawings we created for this hanging mobile project!
I will be posting 2 other sEa cReAtUrE hanging mobiles shortly!(go here to see the rest #3 & #4 mobiles)