September 13, 2013

"En Plein Air" Kid Painting- a.k.a. Free Paint Time!

"En Plein Air" is French, meaning to "paint outdoors", but to me in my world, it is to create art "without rules" or any "preconceptions." I always have a project in mind when I give my kids or students art materials. My own kids sometimes just ask "Mom, can we just make an art project without having you tell us what the theme is?" Oh yeah, that would be nice right? Why didn't I think of that? 


So... one "to do" we wrote for our 
Family Summer BUCKET LIST:

  • Buy blank white canvas!
  • Paint whatever you want!
  • No Rules!


I didn't exactly make time in the Summer for this type of painting. Turns out it is a great idea for when the older kids are in school! I loved watching the facial expressions of my 3 1/2 year-old -choosing colors, brushes and paint and whatever entertained her cute little mind...

A therapeutic painting exercise for all ages... even adults.












FISH JUMPING OVER THE RAINBOW WATER... AND A BIG SHARK... AND A BIG RED WHALE 


Didn't ya know?





No comments:

Post a Comment