July 07, 2012

A beautiful way to display artwork - Summer Art Class

For Summer Art Class this year I had 17 kids choose their favorite watercolor/oil pastel drawing for display. Many of their artwork will be posted throughout the summer! They are so creative! I had such fun kids to teach. Here's how we "framed" their artwork...


Materials Needed:
  • artwork
  • pre-stretched canvas
  • Mod Podge
  • brush
  • plastic wrap
  • heavy book 


  • Each of them designed and painted with acrylic the edges of a pre-stretched canvas, the canvas just a few inches larger than their painting.  
  • I adhered their artwork to the canvas by brushing Mod Podge on the back side of the watercolor (sometimes Mod Podge can make watercolor bleed, so try not to get any on the artwork).
  • Place plastic wrap over the artwork and place a heavy book on top so that the artwork will dry flat to the canvas! 





Enjoy displaying their artwork or yours!



4 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I love your blog and your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bequi, I wish I had a picture of all of them!

      cheers,
      Candice

      Delete
  2. I am so doing this with the girls artwork. I have been looking for someway to frame all their fabulous work without breaking the bank. Thanks for the idea and I missed being up camping with all of you over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you will love seeing your kids artwork on your walls! Yes, we missed all you that couldn't come! We had fun in the water with all of the kids, and adults on the river. There's always next summer!

      Delete