May 07, 2012

*Reduce *Reuse *Recycle - Bottle Cap Art (DIY Wall Art)


Alright, so I know it is past APRIL EARTH MONTH, but I spent all of my time outside the last two weeks of April raking the rocks off of our "rock garden" dirt yard. 

My daughter and I worked on this bottle cap art from our easily collected stash. Super easy- it took us less than an hour to assemble, paint, and glue.

Keep all of your colorful botttle/container caps & lids...


 I bought a cheap shadow box frame and removed the glass. Arrange and create your lid art...


We painted the back of the frame white and my daughter chose bright orange for her background color...

Use a hot glue gun to adhere the caps. 

This looks so amazing in her room- which is an orange and circle theme! Next- My son wants one for his room too.






Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.




..................................................................................................................................................



Make it! by Jane Bull is a wonderful book full of ideas about repurposing household items into creative art.  I based my bottle top art from her original idea. 









2 comments: