March 17, 2012

Illusional-Delusional Hand Art - 3rd Grade

I found this easy little hand art project on theforestroom last week and thought it would be a clean and a simple project to do in my daughter's 3rd grade class... Well, it's not as easy as it looks- they had to really concentrate to complete. 

This is a really clever way to also document your child's hand size/age.

My lines were not the straightest!

Simple Instructions:
  • With a pencil, trace your hand & fingers perpendicular (or exactly vertical) to the paper.
  • Start at the top of the paper drawing straight lines horizontally, and repeat (any colors or all one color).
  • When your lines touch your fingers or hand, make an arch and come down at the other side of finger or hand (refer to below).



(8 -9 years old)
 

     






The results were so varied from kid to kid, it's amazing! I think all of them did awesome! I wasn't able to post all of their hand projects.




I do NOT SPAM! You won't be sorry when you get the SUPER SECRETE SALES & SNEAK PEEKS!


Thank you for stopping by 

5 comments:

  1. Love this! I'm pinning it! And then we're going to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a very cool idea... I tried it with a multi-age home school group and NO ONE got it. A complete bust. But, I will try again sometime with an older group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of them did not turn out so well... but I told them that now they know how they can go home and practice! :) Try again! :) Mine wasn't even that great...
      thanks Linda
      cheers,
      Candice

      Delete
  3. Thanks, I love this project. I have seen this project all over the internet for some time. It teaches 3-D space on a 2-D surface (illusion) and it is easy to do. I made a video for my class if anyone is interested in watching it. share it and pin and whatever you want to with it. https://youtu.be/jE5y-Q5ibyQ

    ReplyDelete