April 25, 2011

eArTh eGg - DIY corn syrup paint {tutorial}


"Want to see my EARTH EGG Mom?" My "preschool" son painted his construction paper Easter egg like the Earth.

His preschool class painted with colored corn syrup. These egg paintings are almost dry, you can see the glossy look on the lower eggs with sparkles. When dry (as long as not applied too thick) the corn syrup is shiny and smooth, not sticky at all(drying time varies)! This is so simple and the colors are incredibly bold, and resemble stained glass! You're not going to believe how easy it is.


Here's what you need for each color:

*1-2 Tablespoons of corn syrup

*4-8 drops of food coloring

*small containers (egg carton, mini cups)

(you can add a drop or 2 of water if too thick)



HAVE FUN PAINTING!









To see additional sugar paint artwork made by kids, visit my





5 comments:

  1. Candice, I love this idea. I volunteer in C's class once a month and this would be a perfect project. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Do it! Apparently "sugar painting" has been around for a while my mother told me! They've been doing it for years in their school, so I'm sure it's all ages approved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use regular paper for this or should I use something thicker? like cardstock? thanks for the idea...using it at our homeschool co-op

    ReplyDelete